STAL Technology™, or Step Temperature Acid Leach Technology, is an innovative and highly efficient, zero-waste Hydrometallurgy-based technology to recover metals and minerals in lateritic ores without environmental impact.
Designed to produce high-grade nickel, cobalt, and other valuable products, the technology offers one of the lowest capital and operating costs among other current technologies. STAL Technology™ has been tested and validated to provide the most effective and profitable process in treating an entire profile of a laterite deposit, from low-grade Limonite to Saprolite and any transition zone. The technology has gained nationwide recognition for its potential in accelerating the Indonesian government’s nickel-based downstream industry plan.
Through further research & development, HMI strive to maximize the value of limonite ore in a Nickel-based value chain
• Fill deficit in Ni demand
• Become the lowest-cost class 1 nickel producer
• Leverage from Hydrotech’s continuous R&D in value creation from by-products
NCM & Cathode
Cathode Processing Co.
• Create maximum downstream value
• Capitalize on direct MHP-NCM technology to become the lowest cost producer
• Capitalize on wastes produced by STAL and create a feasible business model
• Focus on future recycling of used batteries
• Future industries created for the development of byproducts from STAL Technology
Nickel plays a crucial role in lithium-ion battery chemistries used to power electric vehicles (EV). As the demand for Li-ion batteries growing more rapidly in the recent years, a sea change is brewing in the nickel market.
Click the link below to find out more about how STAL Technology™ able to provide solutions to today's challenges in the nickel industry